The Association for the Dissemination, Teaching and Promotion of Catalan Music (ADEP.CAT) was established with the following primary aims to:
- Support initiatives focused on promoting broader exposure and knowledge of the sound of traditional Catalan instruments, particularly—though not exclusively—those in the cobla ensemble (flabiol, tenora, tible and fiscorn), both within and outside of Catalonia.
- Encourage the production of original works by Catalan musicians.
- Foment support for the study and research of work developed by specialists focused on culturally-rooted material (Catalan or not).
- Promote projects designed to encourage the ongoing training of Catalan instrumentalists, through grants, master classes, residency programs, intensive courses, and other similar initiatives.
- Provide support to young musicians and singers, whether or not they are linked to traditional and folk music.
- Propose projects for the dissemination of music in a range of different formats, programming concerts in different venues, open rehearsals, participatory workshops, etc.
- Cooperate with other associations, ensembles and musicians that share an interest in developing an integrated cultural project.
- Broaden the knowledge on an international scale of the sound of traditional Catalan instruments and of the authors of works created for them, in whatever different style or discipline.
The Association carries out a number of different activities, with the aim of achieving these goals, among them:
- Provide Catalan musicians and singers with the tools necessary to produce and present their works.
- Support training initiatives focused on broadening knowledge of Catalan music.
- Support programs that encourage music as a means of attracting groups that are at risk of social exclusion.
- Produce musical projects in a range of formats that reflect the Catalan culture with the aim of crossing borders and sharing music.
- Establish agreements with public and private institutions in order to broaden awareness of works by Catalan musicians, singers and composers.
- Encourage initiatives that focus on fomenting Catalan culture within, and outside of, Catalonia.